How to Build a Business Website
November 5, 2012 § Leave a comment
This article shares 8 key tips with you to build a successful business website. No matter you already have your own website or blog, what you will read below, you will be very useful.
1. Content (Useful, informative and easy to understand)
If you offer original well written content, easy to understand with good images, the chances of getting quality links, social media exposure and places higher in search results pages (SERPs) are greater. The purpose of Internet is to find useful relevant information and free. It’s all about information. If you can convey this information that stands out from the crowd so, you’re automatically a step ahead of others.
2. Basic SEO
Don’t need to hire SEO expert to position your site in highest place of the Google search results if you can able to do following things with yourself.
- Include title Meta tags,
- Optimal natural keywords,
- Provide good links in the article
- Easy navigation through the site,
- Proper use of H1 tags, H2 and H3,
- Include sitemap (site map)
- Use Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics
To better understand what works and what does not
- Use robots.txt file,
- Suitable permalink structure (permalink)
- Avoid duplication of content (CMS Issue)
- Use canonical tags,
- Read Google’s SEO Guide for Beginners.
You want more visitors to your web site and come back more often. Besides good content need some nice graphics for your site.
Tip number one: Do not use a free generic template. Do not use the payment template which is available online so others can buy. Pay someone to design a website Exclusive area for you. You do not need to be spectacular and very expensive. One simple and unique appearance would be good to start.
Whatever you do has to be innovative, original, have good design and better content than your competitors. Just try to beat the competition. Use it to learn what works for them and what is not. Dominate your niche at this time. Learn what they did to achieve what they are now. This does not mean you have to read them blog every day, but investigate what they are doing. Where present, which CMS they are using for SEO, etc…
Promote your website whenever you have the opportunity, but not overly so (do not be a spammer). Some things to consider:
- Use Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or any other social network popular at that time,
- comments on blogs related to your niche,
- Being active in forums,
- Write frequently guest blogs (guest post) with some authority,
- Buy ads (Adwords).
Make your site loads as quickly as possible. This is important in two aspects: user experience and SEO factor. Some things to consider:
- Use a good server,
- Optimize your code,
- Optimize images,
- Use CSS Sprites
- Use tools like Google Speed, YSlow, Web Page Test, Pingdom,
- Make your pages cacheable (both sides, server and client)
- If you use scripts, choose the asynchronous loading or place them at the bottom,
- Avoid redirects,
- Read in detail what Google and Yahoo say about it.
This is the icing on the cake. It’s time to reap the fruits of your labor. I suggest not to rush. Wait a while until your blog gain traction. The possibilities are virtually endless and experimentation is the key.
Basically, there are three ways to make money with your blog or Web site:
- Place ads (CPC, CPM, CPA, CPC). You need to click, page impressions, or video display action to get paid.
- Promoting affiliate products.
- Sales of own products (ebooks, memberships, services – design, programming etc.)