How to optimize a target page or landing page?
May 14, 2013 § Leave a comment
Landing page play an important role in obtaining site traffic, however, to fulfill this objective must be designed according to certain factors that invite visitors to click on them. A destination page must be able to resolve the doubts of the visitor and show what the user is looking for.
Here are some tips to improve the performance of target pages.
1. – Improve Titles: When a user enters a page, check roughly if the information you seek, therefore, is essential to achieve capture their attention in those few seconds.
You must use clear and compelling titles, graphics that define what the user can find on the site, the content should be so attractive that can catch the reader’s interest.
2. – Matching between search and content: As mentioned above, users will not read the entire contents, try to identify the information that they need.
If the article is about “top 10 bars”, then you should create a list of large numbers, if the text is a comparison between products, then you should include pictures, so it easy for visitors to identify intention page.
3. – Facilitate the user identification: In this quick read that takes the user must find basics like the “who, what and why”, akin to the visitor to know and become familiar with the brand or what it can offer.
This aspect is not only fundamental to the company website, in the pages of destiny plays an important role to ensure that the brand name is present.
4. – User Participation: In addition to containing relevant and well organized, a page destination should motivate the user to perform actions. There are many exercises that can be added that would have great benefits.
A button with the zoom, it is generally well accepted by users, are also options to view additional information or links to similar products. Any alternative that encourages visitors to further research is good choice.
5. – Different queries on the same page: An option that is well pleased for users is to modify the search criteria without having to return to page. Include filters for color, product size and ease of switching from one category to another without having to leave or change pages, motivate the user to check various products.
6. – Social Networking: Add buttons to facilitate visitors to share content is a key component not only to motivate the user to interact with the page, but also the products can reach more and more users.
7. – Measure results for query: Google Analytics offers the ability to segment showing results per query. Use this filter to identify and better understand the users, identifying which keywords work best in different destination pages.
8. – Monitor the competition: Continually review similar businesses sites can help identify potential problems and improve opportunities in the destination page or business site.
The destination page can be one of the most powerful weapons to achieve increasing sales and traffic. The conversion rate, the usability of a website and social networking activities have become important factors in search engine criteria to position a page.