For Online Success Choosing the Right Domain name is Important
September 27, 2013 § Leave a comment
So want to know what exactly makes the really good domain name, actually for being successful, you just don’t need a good domain name but you need a great domain name and understanding will you in achieving the online success. Getting a good domain name will ask for some effort but there are many tools available which help you in finding the right domain name and check its availability.
There are some do’s and Don’ts in selecting the domain name which will be the help form of putting domain name together.
The Do’s and Don’ts are:
– Easy to spell and easy to understand
– Easy to pronounce and spell
– Easy to remember and recognize
– Can be used as a brand name – The Don’ts
– Use suffixes which are hard to remember, .Com is one of the popular and that is popularly everyone looking for a domain name, but others are also becoming the most popular, so you shouldn’t ignore entirely. Especially it is recommended if you are interested in a suffix which represents your country where you operate in
– If possible ignore multiple dots, underlines, or hyphens to break your domain name, because people find such things harder to get remembered. It is advisable to use the single word.
– Use word which starts and ends with the same letter, unless if you feel that dropping the hyphen will worth.
In order to sort out a great domain name suggestion of few friends might be helpful; people who understand the concept clearly and have knowledge about a project they will crack down the creativity domain name. Make a list of potential names around 15 to 20 and use a domain registration website for checking the availability. Don’t forget, what you are inserting may become the one of your most important keyword or phrases which will get traffic to your website.
So make sure that you have studied in that what people are entering in search engines when looking for your website theme, services or business. It is also worth remembering that the name you come up will need to be communicated verbally and in writing text so if it is easy to pronounce, spell and read; people are more likely to recall it. You also need to consider geographically where you are doing business and targeting the audience. It may be a bonus for you if you include location in the name and this can be done effectively and doesn’t become too clumsy i.e. putting UK, FR, or USA as part of the name if appropriate could make a big difference to focusing on the right audience and get the visitors to your site that are truly interested in what you are offering.
The article above was written by Vishal Shah on behalf of a web development company located in India. It offers a complete solution for web development, including design, hosting, search engine optimisation and iPhone application development