April 9, 2013 § Leave a comment
Are you looking to improve your social media integration? Utilising useful analytical tools, such as Followerwonk, is a great way to begin. In this guest post will be explaining why Followerwonk is so important for enhancing your Twitter profile. With particular reference to its search features, you’ll soon see why it is an essential tool for your marketing strategy.
Why Would You Use Followerwonk?
Setting up a Twitter account is all well and good, but building up your profile can be a slow process. Thankfully, Followerwonk [http://followerwonk.com/] will not only help you streamline your tweets to the most relevant people within your industry, but also help with essential research. In this way, the tool will provide structure to your Twitter strategy – after all, with over 500 million users, the potential reach for your business could prove invaluable.
Put simply, Followerwonk is the essential tool for Twitter outreach.
InterGreater & Followerwonk
This article may sound like a product promotion for Followerwonk, but at InterGreater we have no agreed affiliation to the tool. All we can say is we have found it incredibly useful and frequently recommend our clients integrate it into their social marketing strategy. To this end, we’d like to share the knowledge we’ve learned to help budding SEOers get the most out of the tool.
How Does it Work?
Followerwonk has a number of different features which we could discuss in droves. This article will concentrate on its search tools:
- Followerwonk basic search: on the first tab at the top of the page, you will find ‘Search Twitter Bios‘ . This works in a similar way to keyword research – simply type in a keyword which will be relevant to you and it will list all the Twitter accounts which use that term in their biography. This space is limited in the number of characters allowed, and therefore It stands to reason that for a business or individual to choose to mention this term, must mean it holds relevance for them.
- In-depth analysis: once you’ve found a number of profiles matching your search, you can export them to a CSV*. Here you’ll be able to weed out those ‘Tweeters’ who aren’t going to help you. Perhaps you only want businesses as opposed to individuals? You’ll be able to decipher this by reading the ‘description’ column. Alternatively, you could put all the twitter URLs into Ontolo’s URL reviewer assigning each one a separate tab in your browser with just one click!
*TOP TIP: you need to be signed into SEOmoz to use this feature. With a number of benefits including indispensable page and domain rank analytics, a subscription to SEOmoz is strongly advised.
- Tweeters with Influence : accounts are more likely to be either ‘spammy’, or have limited reach when there are more ‘following’ than ‘followers’. This is a good starting rule for finding the most influential tweeters, and the Followerwonk advanced search tool allows you to find those accounts easily – just click ‘more options’ beneath the search bar.
- Create a List : once you’ve got your narrowed-down, relevant list of accounts, you can add them to a list. In our line of work, InterGreater often provide fresh, new blog content for businesses, in order to improve their SEO. As a case in point, we write for an online pawnbroker, borro. We have recently been writing a number of articles on assets they lend against, and one example is watches. Having found 50 or so of the most regular, influential and relevant tweeters in the world of watches, we added them to a Twitter list*. This allows us to see lots of new information which will help us write current and informative content, all in one place under one specific category – just what we are after!
TOP TIP : did you know that you don’t have to follow a profile to add it to a list? While we are proud to write for borro, we might not necessarily want to be associated with watch auctions when our main output is providing web development company. And not only do you not need to follow a user, you can also make your Twitter lists private. Alternatively, making your lists public will notify those accounts you have included, which could in turn point these influential people to your profile – a very handy association indeed!
Over to You
Now you’ve read about it, why not try it? Most of the main features are free to use and as well as the search functions we have described, there are a number of other useful tools. For example, why not try comparing your profile with a rival to see who is following them, as well as how often they are tweeting?
The more Twitter grows, the more weight Google will give to websites with high ‘social authority’ in its rankings. If you haven’t already, now is the time to promote your site through this incredibly influential social platform – and Followerwonk provides the best tool to help you do it!
Ed Hallinan, web-editor for digital consultancy InterGreater
February 7, 2013 § Leave a comment
Twitter is the main source of traffic for blog as well website. Almost 70% of visitors come from there. It is true that way of SEO blog should be well optimized so we are taking advantage of the full potential that we could offer search engines.
One of the keys to get followers and retweets is the quality of your content. If you work with dedication and passion will take thousands of followers to multiply your average visits via a tweet. Yet quality content guarantees you get lots of visitors on Twitter.
70% of the success post on a Twitter is promoted by title
Why are so critical titles? Blogs are not read it is scanned, a high percentage tweets are read after tetweet. These competing in the rest of the timeline to get attention. The trick is to create reusable tweets:
- The tweet limits 120-140 characters long. For an example “RT@ tutwitter: good post”. They do not take people away who do not like automated retweet function include their own comments.
- Invest time in creating a memorable title. The secret is to create title make comparisons and use lists.
- The first two words are key to getting a good CTR on Twitter. According to usability studies of our perception is limited to the first two words when analyzing texts.
- Request retweets increases the number of considerably mentions. It’s something I’d use only in exceptional cases (eg when you need help with something) because it wears and your fans start to ignore you.
- Change the title often time. If you realize that your tweet is ignored or if you see no click to the post. It is worth making change 30 minutes after launch the tweet. Once modified to launch test for the second time.
Seize the Twitter “prime time” for the most important tweets
Although Twitter addicts be present from rising until they sleep, there are better and worse slots to post your tweet. There are a number of applications to find the best time at the individual level. I do not use them because there is definitely the best time to do it:
- Lanza tweets between 11-12 hours. Most of us get into Twitter when they’ve finished dinner and sit in front of the TV to relax. For India is the best time because there is a peak in the use of Twitter as leisure.
- At 11 in the morning is the second best time to publish new posts and throw while on Twitter. The social network with Blue Bird has become a working tool that at this time has its first peak of the day.
- At 4 pm is the third best time to post a new entry. It has become when most eating and before going into a meeting read your Twitter timeline.
- See the Twitter primetime speaking countries. In your countries you can identify the stats in which they reside your readers. Lanza tweets to suit the best times of the most important.
- Throw your tweet 2-3 times a day. Given that there are several peaks in the use of Twitter, it makes sense to post multiple times. Although relatively few followers see the tweet least two and three times you can change the title to avoid duplication feeling.
- The weekend is no good time to get many visits from Twitter. Things change from 11 pm on Sunday when the community becomes to find to comment on the programs that are being tossed on TV.
Create a trusted network with other bloggers and twitterers
Growing your number of followers, retweets and blog visits accordingly grows exponentially with the quality of your connections. You are not alone on here to promote your blog. Begins To give, to receive:
- Promote to other bloggers and twitterers. Help them to starters with Twitter and blog from time zero. The quality of the relationship will be much stronger because they remembered who helped them when nobody even knew.
- Comment on Featured blogs in your niche. Rather than give the ball to someone’s comment on your blog and provide valuable content. Will remember you if you do it often unexpected and sometime you will mention that you exploit traffic to blog.
- Follow people or create lists of your topic. No need to be a follower of thousands of profiles. It is enough if you identify those most suited to your own content. On the one hand you can get new followers. Also have new accounts in your timeline that you can provide quality content and generate new ideas for your own blog.
- Seek feedback from other bloggers and receiving means with a very high probability to get a tweet. It’s something you can do in a very timely. It has to be content that the blogger to ask the opinion you really know about a subject that should interest you.
January 7, 2013 § Leave a comment
One of the most repeated questions by almost everyone who dwells Twitter is, how do you know if I’m making good use of the tool? And not only have the directors often made marketing campaigns or Community Managers, but any normal user. Today through five simple questions and some other application we will get evaluate our good or bad use of Twitter.
Have a biography?
Six in ten Twitter users still do not have a biography on their profile. This might go unnoticed but a user with a complete biography and attractive can have eight times more followers than someone who does not. If you do not have a biography yet, stop reading this article and create it now.
Have photo on your profile?
It seems surprising but a user with pictures can come to have ten times more followers than someone who does not. The reasons seem clear; everyone wants to see the physical aspect of his followers. If you are a company, icons or logos in the same time do not help to have them in their profile picture, looking for a funny picture associated with your company and see how quickly the results notes.
Do you participate in the talks?
It means that if you do on Twitter to read tweets from other misuse doing but certainly not this full advantage of this social network. Participate, discuss and why not discuss are some great options offered by the network social 140 characters. If your profile is a company devoted to conversation with your customers or those potential customers is essential to increase your visibility.
Your tweets Programs?
The vast majority of people use Twitter at certain times of the day and when they concentrate most of their messages, which can be very interesting but perhaps scheduling tweets can have those same customers or friends much more aware and attentive to your profile.
You control your followers??
The question may seem strange but it is very important to keep your followers controlled and not followers and they perform actions on your tweets, retweets e.g. they do, that links prick, which makes messages that has tag favorites or participate of those offer.